Let’s admit, we are all not good at demonstrating computer programs, software’s and apps or perhaps we don’t have the right equipment’s to do so and thus end up coming up with not so appealing screencast video tutorials. Common issues include inaudible voice, child crying on the background, unclear accents and the list goes on.
Here are the most common issues on videos done by DIY software/apps developers and will never goes unnoticed.
- Demo duration – Most presenters spend 5-10 mins (most of it is repetition) explaining how to use a software and its features. If scripted, this can be done in 1-2 Mins. This means you save 2-3 mins passing on the same message. It thus makes it the most efficient to present your demo.
- Generalization- If you generalize your demo tutorials by explaining all the topics in one video, some users who will be looking for a specific solution will have a problem locating a section in the video where you are demonstrating a solution to the problem they have. Scripting tutorials will simplify user navigation on your site as they can search for the video by keywords. Keyword here being the problem you are having using the software.
- Poor Quality voice- This is a common phenomenon with people who doesn’t script their work. The quality of their voice recording is determined by several factors amongst them is the microphone used. If the microphone is not well set, then the results will be Poor. Scripting will set your mind to prepare for the best. You will thus take time setting up your recording equipment’s.
- Background noise- Some may argue that background noises can be suppressed using the audio editing software’s. That is possible but still the quality of the voice will not be clear and the user watching the video might be forced to bump up the volume or strain to listen to the recording. This is something that most people overlook while recording their demo videos but its very crucial to the intended user.
- Clear accent- We all love to reach out to customers globally. We thus want to communicate in clear accent that everyone understands. What if you had a good product, but when a user watches your demo video they can’t comprehend it because of your accent? Don’t you think you will be losing the customer in the process? Of course, I know your answer is yes.
Will all these mentioned, you may want to follow our simple proven 4 steps to creating a professional high quality video tutorials.
- Write a script
- Find the right freelance voice over on freelance site like Upwork.
- Record the correct screens- set your recording in full resolution.
- Merge the video with voice over and render it in full HD.
If you follow these simple steps I have listed above, you will not only end up with professional quality video tutorial(s), but you will also be in a better position to sell more to your prospective customers.